- MMA News Home
- RECENT POSTS
- UFC Light Heavyweight Legend Tito Ortiz: The Final Word UFC’s Cung Le: Fighting for Classics UFC Heavyweight Shane del Rosario – Giving Back ‘Ninja’ Relishing Prospect Of Watson Showdown At BAMMA 6 Mills Only Needs Validation From Himself As He Continues To Impress MMA Link Club: The Strikeforce/UFC Chatter Continues MMA Rankings: Melendez Is The New #1 Weekend Preview: Diaz vs. Daley, Melendez vs. Kawajiri, Askren vs. Thompson & Jimmo vs. Newton (VIDEO) MMA Link Club: Dana’s Greatest F-Bombs & More (VIDEO) Down With Diaz (VIDEO)
FIGHT! Magazine MMA News
- Cardo Urso: Protecting Us Is Their After Party
- by Terry E. Bush | Thursday, October 22nd, 2009 @ 7:00 am
Terry Bush interviewed Marine Gunnery Sgt. Cardo Urso, Ret. as part of Fightmagazine.com’s special coverage of the Fight Night for Heroes card in Mosul, Iraq.
- Full-Time Fighter: Brown and Walsh Are Pro Fighters and Full-Time Soldiers
- by Neal Taflinger | Thursday, October 22nd, 2009 @ 6:00 am
FIGHT! Magazine editor-in-chief spoke with both soldiers while they were overseas to fight on the Fight Night for Heroes card in Mosul, Iraq.
FIGHT! Magazine’s Donovan Craig and Paul Thatcher traveled to Mosul, Iraq in Sept. to cover the first sanctioned mixed martial arts event held in an active combat zone, A Fight Night for Heroes.
Professional fighter and career Marine Lt. Lee Stuckey had the initial idea for A Fight Night for Heroes.
Documentary filmmakers were on hand for the first sanctioned mixed martial arts event held in an active combat zone – this is the trailer.
- Old Warrior: Jorge Rivera Battles Through Loss and Injuries
- by Staff | Thursday, October 22nd, 2009 @ 6:00 am
Ranger Up’s Nick Palmisciano spends two eye-opening days with Jorge Rivera at Fight Night 18.
FIGHT! Magazine editor-in-chief Donovan Craig appeared on Fox Fight Game alongside fight promoter Monica Sandford last week to discuss the MMA event Sandford staged in Mosul, Iraq in September.
Monica Sandford is promoting the first sanctioned MMA event ever held in Iraq. She just can’t tell you exactly where or when it’s taking place.